18 Jan Celebrating a Year of Transformation and Progress!
It is time to celebrate the exciting progress from 2018 and thank YOU, our community, for your support and partnership in the ministry!
Jesus told his followers that “Whatever you did for the least of these brothers, you did for me.” (Matt 25:40). We are so thankful for your partnership with Lahash International as we together fed the hungry, gave drink to the thirsty, welcomed strangers, clothed the naked, and shared Good News with the poor. This is the good work of the Kingdom of God. Together we demonstrated that the “least of these” are deeply loved by Christ and his church.
Some specific highlights from the past year include:
- 62 new child sponsorships began during the year.
- We funded Bible Camps for 129 children and we saw 35 kids begin a new life in Christ.
- 25 young scholars received mentorship, discipleship, and scholarships through our Stand With Students program.
- Construction on a new school block and water tank began in Kenya.
- We hosted our sixth Lahash East Africa Conference in July.
- 20 HIV+ children received nutritious school-day meals through the generosity of Rice & Beans Month participants.
- Friends from around the world contributed over $600,000 to the ministry of Lahash.
- 4 young ladies participated in our Servant Teams discipleship and service-year program.
- Two new staff (Saggiah and Enrica) joined our team and are based just outside of Nairobi, Kenya.
We thank God for his grace and provision during this past year of transformation and progress!
Your participation, prayers, advocacy, and contributions allow our team and local ministry partners to carry out this unique and urgent work among East Africa’s most vulnerable kids. Hope is alive!
Our plans for 2019 include:
- Growing our sponsorship program to care for a total of 500 amazing kids from vulnerable backgrounds.
- Completing the new school and water tank system with our partners at Nipe Tumaini Children’s Home.
- Hosting Bible Camps for 150 kids across East Africa.
- Sending our Servant Team from the United States to serve in East Africa in the nation of Rwanda.
- Launching a new ministry partnership in Tanzania.
- Celebrating and participating in our 10th year of Rice & Beans Month.
We warmly invite you to join us in this new year of advocacy, prayer, generosity, and service! May the light, hope, and good news of Christ fill us with courage as we follow God’s call to serve the “least of these” in this new year.
Here are some pictures from the past year: